Saturday, July 26, 2014

Sidekick Showcase [86] - LOYAL AND YELLY


Sidekick Showcase, previously known as Sidekick Saturday, is a weekly bookish meme, hosted here by Jaclyn at JC's Book Haven. There are many secondary characters that are as great as the primaries. In some cases, the sidekicks actually steal the show and you like them better than the heroine or hero. Maybe they didn't have enough page time for how great they were. Anyone can play along! I will post my Sidekicks on Saturday, then whichever day during the week that you would like to post yours, you can put your link in on my page. Just do the following:

• Choose a sidekick *or someone other than the hero or heroine* that you would like to put in the spotlight that fits in the week's topic
• Share a picture (if you can) and information about the character
• Give the title and author of a book the character can be found in
• Please don't include too many spoilers when describing why the character is such a great sidekick
• The day of your post, put your link in below and grab the code for your post so you can see the others that post their's throughout the week as well

Topic ideas for August:
Artistic, Musical, Twins, Humanitarians, have or should have a motorcycle, Adventurer

My choice is Ironhorse
The Iron Fey Series by Julie Kagawa

Ironhorse picture created by Jaclyn Canada

IRONHORSE IS A FEY, A LARGE BLACK METAL HORSE WITH GLOWING RED EYES AND FIRE IN HIS BELLY, THAT IS ACTUALLY INCREDIBLY HONEST. He also really likes to yell so all his dialogue is in caps. He is a lieutenant for Machina and is an enemy to Meghan and group in the beginning of the series. He's beyond loyal to the point where sacrificing himself for his cause is not a problem for him. I found him to be a character I greatly enjoyed in this series. 

Quotes:

“Right. The Briars. Just a second, Princess. Hey, Rusty,” he called, motioning to Ironhorse, who pinned back his ears, “why don’t you walk ahead of us, huh? I want your big ugly ass where I can see it.”



“WORRY NOT, PRINCESS,” Ironhorse said, and I gaped at him, not believing my eyes. Where a horse had been, now a man stood before me, dark and massive, with a square jaw and fists the size of hams. He wore jeans and a black shirt that bulged with all the muscles underneath, the skin stretched tight over steely tendons. Dreadlocks spilled from his scalp like a mane, and his eyes still burned with that intense red glow. “YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE WITH A FEW TRICKS UP YOUR SLEEVE, GOODFELLOW,” he said, a faint smirk beneath his voice. “NOW, GO. I WILL BE RIGHT BEHIND YOU.”



“STOP!” Ironhorse bellowed as Puck immediately pulled out his dagger, shoving me behind
him. “I DID NOT COME HERE TO FIGHT, ROBIN GOODFELLOW. PUT YOUR
WEAPON DOWN AND LISTEN TO ME.”
“Oh, I don’t think so, Rusty,” Puck sneered, as we began backing toward the
edge of the village. “I have a better idea. You stay there until we get to Oberon, who will rip
you apart and bury your pieces so far apart you’ll never get put back together.” 


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. Another series I need to but never seem too. Love the artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many memorable characters from this series. They are all so great for their own reasons. I hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY you used the caps too :D I think he's wonderful as well. Don't worry about not participating. As long as you come visit and chat every now and then, I'm happy! Thanks so much for the compliment. Have a wonderful weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. But I love the Sidekick Showcase so much! it's such a different kind of meme/showcase from all the other ones (that I also love!).
    I will do my best to participate more often again, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah yes, I almost forgot about him, but yeah he's pretty great

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaaah yes. Nice pick! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read every one of them! Since they are an award in themselves, this is an award-free blog. Thank you though for the consideration!