Friday, May 9, 2014

Sidekick Showcase [75] - Mommy Dearest or...


Sidekick Showcase, previously known as Sidekick Saturday, is a weekly bookish meme, hosted here by Jaclyn at JC's Book Haven. There are many secondary characters that are as great as the primaries. In some cases, the sidekicks actually steal the show and you like them better than the heroine or hero. Maybe they didn't have enough page time for how great they were. Anyone can play along! I will post my Sidekicks on Saturday, then whichever day during the week that you would like to post yours, you can put your link in on my page. Just do the following:

• Choose a sidekick *or someone other than the hero or heroine* that you would like to put in the spotlight that fits in the week's topic
• Share a picture (if you can) and information about the character
• Give the title and author of a book the character can be found in
• Please don't include too many spoilers when describing why the character is such a great sidekick
• The day of your post, put your link in below and grab the code for your post so you can see the others that post their's throughout the week as well

For May let's honor thy Mother. We'll choose some awesome moms and also those characters that are mom-like or mentor-like that are females for Mother's Day May :D

My choice is Justina Crawfield
The Night Huntress Series by Jeaniene Frost


I know in the beginning of this series, I couldn't stand Justina. Everything about her rubbed me the wrong way. Cat pretty much felt like her mother didn't really care for her until she first brought home a vampire tooth and her mom found out that she was hunting the monsters. As a reader, I noticed how much Justina actually cared about Cat, especially when she was horribly attacked with Justina there and her mom wanted to sacrifice herself for her daughter. I started enjoying her more though when she got a supernatural boyfriend and calmed her tits some. What was best though, was Bones' comments and reactions to her. Too funny!

Quotes:


“I was thrown into a state of sheer, mindless panic. “It’s my mother!” I whispered fiercely, as if Bones hadn’t figured that out. “Holy shit, you have to hide!”
I literally shoved him toward the bedroom, yelling, “I—I’ll be right there, I’m not dressed!”
He went, but with none of my hysteria. “Kitten, you still haven’t told her? Blimey, what are you waiting for?”
The Second Coming of Christ!” I snapped. “And not a moment sooner! Here, in the closet!”




“Actually, Justina, I didn't just ring you to chat about what an undead murderer I was...right, degenerate whore as well. Did I ever tell you my mum was one? No? Oh, blimey, I come from a long line of whores, in fact I called to give you the good news. I asked you daughter to marry me. Now, do you want me to call you Mum straightaway, or wait until after the wedding?”





“I missed you every minute this week and I don't want to spend another day without you. If my mom disowns me for being with a vampire, then that's her decision, but I've made mine, and I won't apologize of back down from it.”





“Your mom can't hate a whole country because of one person!”





“You know what your problem is, Justina? You're in desperate need of a good shag. "Not that I'm offering you one myself, mind. My days as a whore ended back in the seventeen hundreds."

The gin was abruptly sucked back into my lungs as I gasped. He did not just tell my mother about his former profession; sweet Jesus, let me have heard incorrectly!

I hadn't, and Bones went right on. "... But I have a friend who owes me a favor and he could be persuaded to... Kitten, are you all right?"

I'd stopped breathing as soon as he casually admitted to his prior occupation. Add that to the liquid stuck in my lungs, and no, I wasn't all right.”





“Rodney the ghoul?...Oh, I liked him. He didn't get angry no matter how many times my mother insulted him.”




Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read every one of them! Since they are an award in themselves, this is an award-free blog. Thank you though for the consideration!