Thursday, May 22, 2014

Harry Potter Moment of the Week [24] - Favorite Hogwarts Ghost


This is a meme hosted by Uncorked Thoughts.The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! She is picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All she asks is to link back to her blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come here.

Favorite Hogwarts Ghost


My choice has to be Moaning Myrtle. While she is admittedly annoying with all the easily hurt feelings and wailing, it's really hard not to feel sorry for her. She died as a young girl in the bathroom at Hogwarts where she can still be found haunting her stall. She had no friends and was often teased. First of all, I hate teasing and everyone deserves a friend, no matter if they wear *gasp* glasses. Glasses are seen so much nowadays that it's not as big of a faux paus. 

Myrtle was instrumental in helping Harry and is one of the few ghosts that ever did so. Not only did she help Harry with finding the Chamber of Secrets, Harry was also able to riddle out the clue of the Golden Egg with Myrtle's hints.

Quotes: 

Myrtle: "Come to throw something else at me?"
Harry: "Why would I throw something at you?"
Myrtle: "Don't ask me, here I am minding my own business and someone thinks it's funny to throw a book at me."

"Oh, hello Harry, long time - no - see, hmm, I was circling a blocked drain the other day and I swear I saw some polyjuice potion. Not being a bad boy again, are you Harry? ...I'd put it in the water if I were you."

"Harry, if you die down there, you're welcome to share my toilet."





What's your favorite Hogwarts Ghost??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read every one of them! Since they are an award in themselves, this is an award-free blog. Thank you though for the consideration!