Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Teaser Tuesday [24] - The World is Flat



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.

Shatter Me (Shatter Me #1) by Tahereh Mafi


Teaser:

The world is flat.
I know because I was tossed right off the edge and I've been trying to hold on for 17 years. I've been trying to climb back up for 17 years but it's nearly impossible to beat gravity when no one is willing to give you a hand.
When no one wants to risk touching you.

Goodreads Summary:

Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war – and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.

5 comments:

  1. Jessica @ a GREAT readApril 29, 2014 at 5:26 AM

    Nice! Read these books just last month! Hope you enjoy them!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah!! I'm SOOOO happy you're reading this, Jaclyn! I LOVE it! And I hope you do, too! :) When you're done, we can chat about it. *squee* (maybe I've had a bit too much coffee this morning ;) But I'm so excited! *jumps up and down in seat*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm only about 20% in now, but so far I'm enjoying it. I just really hit some action and met Warren. I'm thinking these will be rather good. Thanks so much for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY :D I feel really behind the times on this series LOL so I finally had to mark it off of my to-read list. So glad to hear that you love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. EEEEEE, are you loving it??? I bet you are. So happy you finally got to this one. Is the writing not the most beautiful thing ever?!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read every one of them! Since they are an award in themselves, this is an award-free blog. Thank you though for the consideration!